Kinross Golf Courses is proud to launch its Thumbs Up Thursday Golf Series in association with Loch Leven Brewery and Loch Leven Distillery.
Entry is only £20 per round and you can play on any/every Thursday from 4th April to 26th September 2019 and there will be cash prizes each Thursday with the prize pool dependent on the number of competition entries that day.
Played over both the Montgomery and the Bruce courses - on alternate courses each week - with a total of 6 scores to count - your best 3 rounds/Stableford scores over each course combined to determine the winners of the Kinross Thumbs Up Thursdays Series. Play on as many Thursdays and submit as many cards as you like in order to improve your best 6 scores.
The Series is open to both men and ladies using official club handicaps but don't worry if you don't have an official handicap because we will use the Modified Peoria System to calculate your handicap and Stableford score.
There will be separate leader boards for men and ladies and, in each case, both with official handicaps and without (i.e 4 different series leader boards).
Every golfer who competes the series with 6 qualifying scores will be invited to join us for the Thumbs Up Thursday Series Finale on Thursday 3rd October with complimentary golf, followed by a prize-giving in the Clubhouse.
1. The Thumbs Up Thursdays Golf Series is open to all gents and ladies over the age of 18, with or without official handicaps.
2. If you have an active CONGU handicap, please inform our PGA Professional of your home club in the Pro Shop when you register before your first round.
3. If you do not have a current handicap, don’t worry because we will use the Modified Peoria System to calculate your course handicap and then your stableford score.
4. Maximum handicaps 24 for men and 36 for ladies.
5. Scoring in based on Stableford points using full official handicaps or, for those without official handicaps, using your course handicap as calculated with the Modified Peoria System.
Golf Series Programme
6. The Thumbs Up Thursdays Golf Series will take place every Thursday from 4th April to 26th September 2019.
7. The competition will be played over both the Montgomery and Bruce courses at Kinross with one nominated course per week. The nominated course will alternate weekly throughout the period with each course being the nominated course on 13 different Thursdays in total. Starting with the Montgomery Course on 4th April, the dates are as follows:
|Bruce Course||Montgomery Course|
|April||11th, 25th||4th, 18th|
|May||9th, 23rd||2nd, 16th, 30th|
|June||6th, 20th||13th, 27th|
|July||4th, 18th||11th, 25th|
|August||1st, 15th, 29th||8th, 22nd|
|September||12th, 26th||5th, 19th|
8. To qualify for the Thumbs Up Thursdays Golf Series, golfers are required to play each course (and submit a card) a minimum of 3 times (minimum 6 rounds in total).
9. Golfers can play as many qualifying Thursday rounds as they like during the Series, with their best 3 Stableford points scores over each course counting.
10. Once golfers have submitted 3 cards for each course, they will appear on our Golf Series Order of Merit leader boards. There will be separate Order of Merit leader boards for men and ladies and, in each case, for those with official handicaps and those without.
11. Before golfers play their first round in the Thumbs Up Thursdays Golf Series, they will be asked in the Pro Shop to complete an Entry Form and provide evidence of their official CONGU handicap if they have one.
12. Entry to the competition is free and the green fee per golfer per round played is £20, payable in the Pro Shop on the day of play.
13. Thursday tee times for completion rounds can be booked up to 7 days in advance by contacting the Pro Shop on 01577 865125 or emailing [email protected]
14. Only one tee time can be booked per person each week (playing 2, 3 or 4 ball).
15. All rounds will be played under the R&A Rules of Golf and the local rules of the Kinross Golf Courses
16. Play will be from the yellow tees (men) and red tees (ladies) and will not qualify for handicap purposes.
17. GPS devices are permitted to be used in the competition
18. Completed score cards, signed and countersigned, must be handed in to the Pro Shop at the end of the round where scores will be calculated/checked and recorded.
19. Every Thursday, there will be cash prizes with the prize pool dependent on the number of competition entries that day.
20. The Orders of Merit will be decided by aggregate Stableford points from 6 qualifying rounds, comprising the best 3 rounds played over both the Montgomery and Bruce courses.
21. There will be a trophy awarded at the end of the Series for the winners of all four Thumbs Up Thursdays Golf Series Orders of Merit (men and ladies, both with official handicaps and without).
22. Loch Leven Brewery is kindly sponsoring the 2 Orders of Merit for men and Loch Leven Distillery is kindly sponsoring the 2 ladies’ Orders of Merit.
23. Every golfer who completes the Series with 6 qualifying scores will be invited to join us for the Thumbs Up Thursday Series Finale on Thursday 3rd October with complimentary golf followed by prize-giving in the clubhouse.
Contact our Golf Professional on 01577 865125 or email [email protected]