Policy and Procedures for Playing Golf Under COVID-19 Restrictions
The following procedures have been drawn up by Kinross Golf Courses to ensure compliance with Government restrictions and guidance issued on 5th January 2021.
Booking a Tee Time
- All tee times must be booked in advance and paid for online via the Kinross Golf Courses online booking system by visiting the website www.golfkinross.com or using the following direct link https://www.brsgolf.com/kinross/visitor_home.php
- Visitors will not be permitted to play if they turn up without having booked a tee time in advance. If you have any issues booking online then call the Professional Shop on 01577 865125 and they will talk you through it.
- We ask single player golf to be kept to an absolute minimum. If this is your only option, then we suggest playing in the afternoon where there is likely to be less demand on tee times.
- Maximum of 2 golfers are permitted from up to 2 households represented, provided the Government's social distancing guidelines are adhered to.
- The starting sheet has been amended so that there will be a 10 minute interval between tee times rather than the usual 8 minute gaps.
Visitor tee times, including weekends, on both our Montgomery and Bruce Courses will be available for booking up to 7 days in advance.
Booking Visitor Tee Times from 1st April 2021 onwards
We obviously don't know how long the new COVID-19 restrictions are going to last, and in what form, but we are happy to take provisional bookings for tee times for groups from 1st April onwards but these will not be bookable online - please email Jane on [email protected] with details of what you would like to book. No deposits will be asked for until we have greater clarity.
Arrival and Waiting to Play
- Locker room facilities will remain closed. Please get kitted up in the car park.
- Visitors are asked not to arrive any earlier than 15 minutes in advance of their tee time. If they arrive early for any reason, they should remain in their car until this time.
- It is vitally important that all visiting golfers turn up on time. If for any reason, you realise that you are going to be late, then please call the Professional Shop on 01577 865215 and they will try to allocate you another slot.
- The guidelines recently updated by the Scottish Government advise that you should only car share/travel with members of your own or your extended household. Where there are occasions where there is no alternative to travel with people outwith your household, you should share the transport with the same people each time; keep to small groups; maintain good ventilation by keeping car windows open where possible; ask passengers to wear face coverings; clean your hands before and after your journey; if the vehicle is your responsibility, clean door handles and other areas that people touch.
- Visitors are asked to park their cars in virtual alternate space fashion where possible, as we do not have our car park lined. Please make use of overflow parking in the adjoining park to ensure separation/social distancing can be achieved.
- The Professional Shop will be open but only a maximum of 2 golfers will be allowed in at any one time. There will be hand sanitiser at the entrance and all customers will be obliged to sanitise their hands before entering. The intention is to have an open-door policy where possible, although this may not be the case if we are experiencing severe weather conditions. Arrows will be on the floor ensuring one-way circulation around the shop and whilst the Pro Shop team do still want to offer a retail opportunity, we ask that visiting golfers do not touch any merchandise unless they are particularly interested in that item. Please do not be alarmed by the perspex screen or staff wearing PPE - this is purely precautionary as they are particularly vulnerable during this time.
- Transactions can only be made via credit/debit card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay or on customer account.
- Trolleys, buggies and other rental items will only be available for hire after deep cleaning and sanitising practices have been carried out after every use. Buggies will only be offered on a single rider basis, unless shared by players of the same household.
- The practice putting green and practice nets will remain closed.
Course Set Up
- All rakes and ball-retrievers have been removed
- Ball washers have been removed
- Benches and bins have been removed
- All other moveable items will be removed apart from stakes defining areas of the course. Should a stake interfere with any players area of intended swing, please do not remove it but instead treat it as an immovable obstruction.
- Holes and flagsticks will be retained but hole cups will be turned upside down to ensure the entire ball does not fall below the surface of the putting green and can be easily retrieved by handling the ball only. Please do not touch the flagstick at any time.
During the Round - Social Distancing
- Golfers must stay 2 metres apart; this is particularly important on the teeing areas and on the greens due to the natural close proximity of golfers to one another.
- Do not lift any ball or tee peg other than your own, including any stray balls you may find.
- Golfers will be asked not to share any equipment, exchange scorecards or monies.
- Pace of play is going to be incredibly important during these times, as always. We ask that if any group (regardless of numbers ) has lost a hole to the group in gront, they should stand aside and safely invite the group behind through. As a guideline, we do not expect any round to take longer than 3 hours 30 minutes during these restrictions.
- Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round. When the round is completed, all visitors must leave the course and the club/facility immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse/car park area.
Please Respect the Green Staff
Golfers are asked to be particularly respectful of the Green Staff working on the courses. For their own safety, it is likely that Green Staff will work in shifts during the day rather than all starting early in the morning. Please be patient if you are waiting to play your shot while they are finishing what they are doing on the courses. They will move aside and let you play when they can - and you will not be required to wait long. They are going to have a tough job keeping the courses well maintained if they are particularly busy.
Rules of Golf Related Matters
- Only non-competition golf will be permitted during the initial period of golf being played.
- Stroke play competitions involving players in different groups are strictly prohibited during this initial period. You may converse after the round via telephone or email to compare scores, but this must not take place on the premises.
- With no rakes, we will be playing "preferred lies" in bunkers - a player may place a ball in the bunker within one club-length of the original spot and not nearer to the hole. Please use the sole of your sand wedge to smooth over footprints and divots in the bunker as best you can before leaving. Bunkers will be raked by Green Staff when they have the time.
Please, Please Stick to these Guidelines
It is vitally important that the wider golf community demonstrate that we can play our sport safely and in accordance with the current social distancing guidelines. We cannot afford to be seen as irresponsible. In other countries who have reopened for golf, there have been incidents where rogue golf clubs have been putting great pressure on the golf clubs who have been conforming to everything asked of them by their Government. We must not allow The Kinross Golf Courses to ever be in this position and therefore ask that all golfers respect these strict guidelines and adhere to any instructions given to them by the Course Ranger.
We have all had to make sacrifices since the lock down was imposed in late March and we appreciate that these measures, whilst essential, are nevertheless a restrictive form of golf. However, if we follow these procedures, we can not only look forward to the day that we enjoy the full experience our wonderful courses and club provide.